Friday! It has been quite a week. So much to talk about and so little time. For a quick wrap up before you’re off to a weekend of fun, sun and of course fashion here are a few notes:
Project Runway Season 8 aired last night and it seems that all is well in the hallowed halls of Parsons. The first show seems re-invigorated with great designers and challenges that make sense.
- Anther new offering (kind of like a PR stepchild) featuring previous PR designers Austin Scarlet and Santino Rice also debuted last night. I must say-it is charming! Santino has softened in his demeanor and Austin has become incredibly endearing. It brings fashion to those who have never experienced the feeling of looking special when Santino and Austin design a one of a kind frock for an event they will be attending. Proof positive that clothing talks and when you look good you feel better about yourself. I always say to cheer up…dress up! Check it out Glamour Girls!
- Plus size women got an enormous boost with the introduction of high end designers finally getting a clue that “great fashion”- SHOULD be available to every woman…even if she isn’t a size 0 and 15 years old.
- Sunday is August 1 and that means three things: a) stores will be filled to the brim with fall fashion, b.) summer fashion will be extremely scarce to find and c.) the enormous September issues of every fashion magazine are only 15 days away from hitting your mailboxes.
- Chelsea Clinton is getting married on Saturday and with all the hub-bub in the press, all we really want to know is “what designer wedding gown will she be wearing and can we see pictures?”
- Mad Men returned to the airwaves and all of you that are addicted to the series and in particular Don Draper… (I really meant-.the fashions…sorry-my mind was wandering) will relish in the thought that “Good taste never ever goes out of Style.
- The Nordstrom Anniversary sale ends Saturday so if you haven’t been-get going …PRONTO!
Take time to relax-You Gorgeous Glamour Girls!
Have a great weekend!