Listen up Glamour Girls.. This just in. Word on Fashion Avenue is that Brad (you know “Brad” that works for the Zoester) has left Rachel Zoe Inc as of today. “Sources” (and by sources I mean People Magazine …not a conversation overheard at the nearest Starbucks..) report that the split is amicable and that Brad has decided to go off on his own but owes everything he knows to Rachel. So if you need a translation here it is: Brad and Rachel are the best of buds, and although Rachel is so connected in the fashion industry and has helped put Brad on the map with all the best names in the biz …Brad can’t continue the total devotion 24/7 to the Zoe brand. Brad would like a little balance in his life…(Didn’t he mention a dog and a boyfriend about 10 times in the last season of the The Rachel Zoe Project)?? I must say, I really like Brad-a class act and a really good businessman who understands the importance of relationships both business and personal. Good Luck Brad…..
Check your calendar…Is it Christmas ? I keep scratching my head trying to think of a reason why Anna Wintour would be digging into the Vogue Archives and giving 5 prints with 30 copies each-complete with stamp and letter of authenticity signed by her “Vogueness” Ms. Wintour, for sale on the uber chic website Net-a-porter.????
Is Anna ill and deciding to be more charitable before her time is up? Is the downsized economy hitting magazine sales and subscriptions are suffering?? Was Anna a possible client of Bernie Madoff??? Whatever the reason, these archives are fashionable, glamorous and a true collector item. Log onto www.net-a-porter.com …
And to think… Anna did this for us- so that we may own a piece of fashion history Thanks Anna..You are such a giver!
Mirror Mirror on the wall ……
These are the boots I want most of ALL!
One of the most important pieces to have in your wardrobe is the basic black pant. As boring and mundane as that may seem…(quit yawning)…I am here to tell you that the basic black pant can have you dressed and ready to go… faster than Tim Gunn saying ”Make it work.!” The black pant goes with EVERYTHING! …And I do mean everything. With a simple switch of your blouse, sweater, vest or jacket and the right accessories (think jewelry, scarves, shoes…etc…) you will be looking as chic as a Chanel Runway model without the attitude and starvation. (Remember when Anne Hathaway’s character in The Devil Loves Prada sported that amazing ensemble with a pair of basic black pants-adding a white shirt (another wardrobe staple, a short sleeve pullover and oodles of pearls..) -call the editors at Vogue because we have the cover shot! It was perfection and you can be too with a pair of basic black pants.
Now you know that when I talk “wardrobe staple,” I do have a few Glamour Girl Guidelines: So here you go:
- The most important part of any wardrobe staple is to make sure they FIT!!!! A simple rule of thumb is to remember a pant can be taken in at the waist and taken up at the hem but if it’s too tight in the hips, or derriere (Beyonce are you listening??) then don’t feel bad going up to a size that fits in your largest area and have the rest tailored to fit.. THE KEY WORD HERE IS TAILOR!!! Get one and they will be your BFF before long.
- When you do find the perfect pair of black pants …BUY TWO of the same pair. Why?????(Because…you need to have one to wear with flats and one to wear with heels…thus a Glamour Girl is always prepared..
- Finally, buy the BEST quality you can possibly afford. You will wear this item again and again and when it comes to wardrobe staples, “Quality is key.”
White House Black Market is now in the BRIDAL Biz…It’s really no surprise when you stop and think about it. Thee economy is sputtering, retail is at an absolute lull and merchants have got to find another way to get customers to spend..spend..spend! What better way than bridal, (a recession proof retail staple that has a better cash flow than the Housewives of New Jersey.)
WHBM has created a beautiful collection for the bride that still wants the “thrill of the frill” without all the financial fuss. Gowns range in price from $348.00 to $698.00
So let’s review for just a moment: First it was J. Crew Bridal, then White House Black Market Bridal…hands up… Who do you think will be next to enter the bridal biz????? Dress Barn… (Hope not)…
Faux is definitely the way to go this fall. You might have noticed that faux fur is EVERYWHERE this season-coats, vests, boots, bags-you name it…the fur is literally flying off the shelves. Now you may be asking, “What’s a Glamour Girl to do with so many choices and so little time?” Enter your Glamour Girl Faux Fur detective-(that would be mawahhhh). I have done a little due diligence to narrow the field with one item that you might be wanting sooner than later. Being that today is the “official start” of Fall and temps are still hovering in the Indian Summer Phase,why not embrace an item that will suit you and your outfit without breaking a sweat..a faux vest! Great! We are so one the same page. Now here is the thing about the faux vest: You can go with just a touch of faux-as in faux trim on the collar or “full out faux” whichever way you go here are a few tips to keep in mind…
- (When it comes to Shape) Definitely keep your shape in mind when picking a silhouette out for your FF( faux fur) vest.
- (When it comes to Color)) Always consider a complimentary color with your skin tone. Go for the hue that is best on you.
- ( When it comes to Flat or Fluffy Furs) If you are a voluptuous woman opt for a FF that is flat. When in doubt a good option is to invest in a flat FF in black. Wearing all one color is the most slimming trick in the book.
- (When it comes to Price) The FF vest is definitely a trend, so try not to spend allot on this item unless you have GOBS of money and don’t know what to do with it all… (if this is the case leave your number in the comment section and I have a feeling there will be plenty of Glamour Girls ready to help you out of this terrible bind).
…and that my dalring Glamour Girl is the way to go for faux!