Well…well…well…The largest shopping day of the year has finally arrived. If you happen to be reading this at anytime after 7A.M. you are already 7 hours behind your In-Store shopping counterparts. Most stores opened their doors sometime between midnight and 3 A.M… I know, talk about a morning rush! Whether you choose to shop on- line or stand in- line there are “deals a plenty” to be had. Below is just a partial list (and I do mean partial) of some FABU sales for you. Truth be told there were so many fantabulous offers the list would have been longer than any Glamour Girl would have time to read without setting her sites on the sale at hand.. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your Black Friday!
- Dress in Layers. You are going to break a sweat running store to store. Plus it’s easier to try on items without the use of the dressing room when the line is 40 deep…
- Carry a purse that has a shoulder strap or straps. Pack only bare minimum in purse-wallet, lipstick, mirror, comb, shopping list and small bottle of water. You want your hands free to shop and you DON”T want to put your purse down on the floor or God forbid forget to pick it up after trying something on. I have been holiday shopping every year and experienced first hand the horrible look on a Glamour Girls face when someone has taken her purse.
- Wear comfy shoes. Now please understand I am NOT saying sneakers, or slippers but how about a really cute loafer or boot with a flat heel.
- Break for a snack. Think Power Bar! (You don’t want to feel faint when trying on those Brian Atwood pumps at 70 per cent off and fall.
- Have Fun! (That is the whole point of shopping in the first place) Right. If you miss a sale or size you wanted just remember: Tomorrow is another day Scarlet! Cyber Monday is only 3 days from now.
Ann Taylor Loft: Sale already in progress for 40% off entire site. Check out their style steals and use code ENJOY at checkout. There is lots of holiday bling jewelery. There are also some great sequined tops on sale.
Their sale is early, Nov. 26th. You’ll save an extra 20% off of their already low prices. Love me some Loehmann’s. I wore an Alice Temperley dress I picked up at Loehmann’s to the Stevie Awards last year. It was amazing!
Macy’s: Savings throughout the store. Also, clip the savings pass on their website. Check their website to see 250 items that will be on sale at 5 am at Macys.com and in-store. More deals are coming the week of Dec. 2nd. Did you get your friends and family discount cards in the mail today?
GAP: The Gap will offer 50% off the entire store until 10am only on Black Friday.
BCBG: 50% off winter styles until Nov. 29th and free shipping.
Betsey Johnson: 40% off everything in the online store (excluding jewelry, and select other items, check restrictions) starts Nov. 25 through Nov. 28th.
Nordstrom’s Rack: Opening early (7 am) on Black Friday and offering Bonus Savings to customers. All stores are offering 30% off select brands of premium denim for men and women, and 30% off men’s sweaters
Saks Fifth Ave: 8 AM – Noon in Saks stores. Up to 60% off original prices on selections for her & him.
*Partial Sale listing courtesy of The Recessionista Blogspot
Nine West is offering great savings in stores and on site. Beginning at 5am online on Friday November 26th, the Bonfire, Polen, Husky and Mezmorize styles (NW.com) will be 50% off until 11 am. After 11 am, the styles will still be 30% off. Additionally, Nine West is partnering with St Jude Children’s Research Hospital for the 6th consecutive year. Donate $1 or more in store or at NineWest.com, you’ll receive a coupon for 20% off your next purchase in January