If you’ve been glued to the television watching more than your share of Olympic sports this weekend you just might find yourself indulging in one to many TV Treats..aka snacking. It’s difficult to watch these superhuman souls breaking world records with bodies that are toned tighter than a Housewives of Orange County’s face and not think twice about what your consuming. So.o.o.o to the rescue I have uncovered a gluten free peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie recipe that is to die for. Not only will it quell your cravings but it just might give you the boost of energy needed to do some mat Pilate’s as you watch the games. Enjoy…
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 48 cookies
- 2 cups peanut butter (organic peanut butter is the best)
- 1 cup white sugar (can be cut to 1/2 cup or totally omit if you want)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (extra large size)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces chocolate, chopped …(I use dark chocolate)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees .
- Stir peanut butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Then add the baking soda, salt and vanilla. Fold in the chocolate.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Using the back of a fork, press a criss-cross pattern into the top of each ball.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. I undercook by a minute or 2 and let them cool on wire rack=super moist.
Recipe adapted from the kitchen of T. Golden