I’ve been a fan of the wardrobe staple leather motorcycle (abbreviation Moto) jacket for as long as I can remember. Among the absolute favorites in my closet is my beloved Vakko moto that I purchased more than 10 years ago and spent a small fortune on BUT the leather was “like butter” and all these years later it still stands the test of time. If I can advise you on purchasing one item that you can wear year after year with a plethora of fashion possibilities I urge you to buy a leather or faux leather moto jacket. You will thank me in the morning and for many morning to come.
Not a fan of “Basic Black” try a neutral tone…think taupe/grey/brown.
Spring officially starts in 4 days and as we all know Spring “usually” brings with it the chance of showers…( unless you live in California ,where we are smack dab in the middle of one of the worst draughts in history) but back to the Spring showers. With rain on the way you might find yourself in need of a fabulous trench coat and here is where I can help. There I was just popping into my nearest Banana Republic on Sunday and whah-lah I spotted the perfect little trench.
Can we say ADOORABLE! Trust me it is soooo cute on! If you need a few more options from Banana Republic might I suggest:
Nothing makes your legs look longer and slimmer than ….
a perfectly pretty pointed toe pump.
The pencil skirt is not only a wardrobe classic but a stylish staple that looks good on EVERYONE! The only rule of thumb to make this wardrobe wonder WONDERFUL on you is to check the fit. Make sure it doesn’t pull, bunch, sag or bag and you’ll be in business. If your seeking to find the perfect pencil and it just doesn’t happen-consider purchasing one that fits you smoothly in the hip area and have it tailored to fit. For my complete wardrobe style rules on the Pencil Skirt click onto http://www.gotoglamourgirl.com/2009/07/22/pencil-it-in/
Every Glamour Girl (no matter what size or shape) should own at least one pencil skirt! It looks good on everyone-and is so versatile. Dress it up, dress it down -the pencil skirt offers a multitude of fashionable options.
When purchasing a pencil skirt you need only remember a few basic rules:
1. Fit is KEY!
2. If you find the perfect pencil and it fits at the hip but the waist is to big just have it taken in at your favorite tailor. If it’s tight all over go up a size (and have it tailored to fit).If the label inside bothers you with the stated number that you’re wearing-just cut out the label and tuck it away so you can remember the cleaning instructions).
3.The best length is either at the knee or just above if you have great legs.
As I sourced the web to find the perfect pencil I went to numerous fashion sites…but surprise ..surprise who else but the peeps at White House Black Market had the best selection, the most affordable prices ($88.00 for most styles and $78.00 for the uber basic) not to mention fantabulous reviews). So “pencil yourself in” this fall must have. You’ll be so glad you did!
Double Breasted Blazer @ Victoria’s Secret $98.00
If you’re looking to buy one wardrobe extender that can take any outfit from so-so to HELLO-purchase a well fitting white blazer. It goes without saying that a well fitted white blazer goes with EVERYTHING, can be the perfect finishing touch to any outfit and is flattering on everyone. Here are a few extra tips to keep in mind when purchasing a white blazer.
1. It goes without saying that when you purchase a wardrobe staple buy the best quality you can afford. This is one item that you will wear year after year.
2. Lining in a white blazer is MANDATORY. There’s nothing less flattering than a white blazer that you can see though.
3. Pay attention to fabrication. A white blazer in a cotton blend is most preferred. The best fabric combo is 98% cotton /2%spandex. Least preferred fabrication -linen.
Sateen One Button Blazer @Banana Republic $158.00
Rag and Bone Blazer $495.00 @ Intermix
Schoolboy Eyelet Blazer on sale $140.00 @J.Crew
Every Glamour Gir needs a little HOLIDAY LBD.
Jamie King in Oscar de la Renta
Hands down… there is nothing better than a little black dress in your closet. Black looks good on everyone,it’s slimming as all get out and if you purchase a style with simple lines it can last you a lifetime. The holidays are the perfect time to pick up a great LBD. If you have the bank to purchase designer duds then by all means …knock yourself out but if you’ve lost a little of your monetary mo-joe due to downsizing or just a really long holiday giving gift list –NEVER FEAR… great looking LBD’s are here and they’re priced UNDER $200.00 .
JS Collection Chiffon Strapless Dress $198.00
Maggie London Stretch Satin with Side Bow $128.00
JS Collection Sequin Mesh Dress $198.00
ML Monique Lhullier strapless ruched dress $188.00
**All dress available at Nordstrom.com
First image courtesy of Artist Ruben Toledo
Lately there seems to be a rather big “to do” over pantyhose. The peeps at the Huffington Post recently reported that: Pantyhose is making a comeback. (P.S. Note to self-You KNOW that this is all due to the fact that Kate Middleton is wearing them.)
As is everything that concerns fashion I have some thoughts…
I really don’t know when the use of pantyhose went “out of style” but I for one have always embraced the thought of some sort of uniform leg coverage to make one look polished and pulled together.
Warm climates allow a Glamour Girl to use a good self tanner to keep legs looking great but once the temperature starts to dip (and in California-that means-slip below a balmy 70 degrees) one must think outside the box …or rather inside the package of pantyhose, fishnets, opaque’s or other type of hosiery as a means to look presentable and stay warm. A good pair of sheer pantyhose can give you a uniform-healthy looking skin tone and some much needed support. (Translation:There is nothing better than a pair of hosiery with a touch of spandex woven in to make you look slimmer, sleeker and smooth as can be). For all us who want to have a “leg up” on looking great…embrace your inner love for pantyhose. The hosiery peeps will thank you for your support and you in turn will be supported… It’s a win -win situation for everyone. AMEN!
Every Glamour Girl relishes the fantastical and fashionable options that a great wardrobe of t-shirts can provide. With the start of summer looming near it becomes a wardrobe essential that you simply can’t live without.
However you prefer to stock-up: be it camisole, tank, v-neck, scoop neck, short sleeve, long sleeve, no sleeve: the cut and color choices are endless .One thing is for certain-“No matter what style or shape or palette you prefer-the basic t-shirt is here to stay.” If you must replace, repair or simply revamp your selection for the upcoming sunny summer days ahead- here are a few shopping tips to keep in mind:
- The basic t-shirt-no matter what style you choose is best when blended with spandex for support and shape. 100 per cent cotton is 100 per cent sure to loose its shape or shrink faster than you can say tumble dry.
- When in doubt V-neck looks GREAT on EVERYONE.
- Color is key for adding a little oomph to your outfit. You can layer it under a blouse, sweater or jacket and whah-lah…pretty!
- If you find a shape that really flatters your figure-(i.e. a little cap sleeve that makes your arms look better than Madonna’s or a length that hits your hip in the right place)-don’t buy just one-think multiples. You will be thanking me in the morning. Promise.
- Note the fine details like stitching, hems, sleeve insets or ribbing.
- More often than not, when it comes to t-shirt fabrications-you get what you pay for. If you find a t-shirt in a discount bin for 99 cents- unless you’ve somehow happened upon the holy grail of shopping it’s best to PASS on this little purchase if you’re thinking long term werability. (Addendum-if however you just need a little somethin-somethin…to throw over your swimsuit at the beach-have at it.)
*All Images courtesy of Ann Taylor.com